The Director, Business Development & Partnerships, will report to the Vice President, Customer Success & Partnerships helping to fulfill the mission at VolunteerMatch, a universal platform strengthening the ethos and impact of volunteering at massive scale. This role works closely with all members of the Solutions team as well as other members of the extended Client Support and Product team.
The goals of the Director, Business Development & Partnerships are:
- Accelerate adoption of VolunteerMatch’s Open Network API subscription products and services
- Collaborate with other members of the Solutions team to build new business and increase engagement with existing customers
- Manage a book of business for sales and adoption of VolunteerMatch’s Open Network API subscription products and services
- Act as a technical advisor to clients for contracted accounts
- Work with the Solutions team to drive client acquisition, engagement and adoption.
- Understand the needs of customers by gathering feedback, providing guidance, and communicating VolunteerMatch’s existing and future products and services, and share voice of customer to advocate for client success
- Engage with customers to build lasting relationships and drive growth
- Maintain accurate accounts in the VolunteerMatch CRM system.
- Contribute to data collection and reporting related to our Solutions team tactics and performance
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience managing a sales pipeline, cultivating customers and closing deals
- Skilled in technology, problem solving, creativity, planning and project management
- Five or more years previous customer support experience
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Interested in emerging technologies, bringing a learning orientation
- Passionate team-player who can contribute your talents towards promoting social responsibility
- Familiarity with corporate social responsibility and volunteer engagement is a plus
- Hubspot experience preferred. Previous use of Zendesk and JIRA is a plus.