Role Description: Vice President, Talent and Culture (part-time)
Reporting Relationship: CEO
Direct Reports: No
Status: Part-time role, six to eight months
Location: Remote within the United States
Compensation: Base salary range of $50,000 to $65,000 per annum, depending on prior experience of the candidate, plus competitive benefits. Note: salary is pro-rated for part-time status.
VolunteerMatch is in a vibrant period of significant growth and change: onboarding a new CEO, establishing a new Executive Team, responding to COVID as both an organization that provides a source of support to nonprofits, volunteers and the communities they serve and as employer responsible for the health and wellbeing of its employees. The VP of Talent and Culture will help to ensure that our growth is equitable, productive and built on a strong foundation. As a member of VolunteerMatch’s Executive Team, s/he will lead that change at the very core of our organization, including:
- Understanding and assessing our values as an organization, updating those values as appropriate, and helping to establish rituals and practices within the organization which reinforce and deepen them.
- Lead the hiring of new team members, establish clear onboarding practices, create standard performance management practices, and establish necessary systems for future growth.
- Assess our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion from our hiring practices to professional development to performance management, ensuring that VolunteerMatch is a place where all people have a chance to grow in their lives and careers.
- Lead our growth as a “cloud-based organization,” establish new norms for working that allow our team to work wherever they are most productive while remaining connected to each other, our organization, and our mission.
- Leading the growth and healthy inculcation of organization’s values, mission and culture.
- Build systems and processes for onboarding and offboarding employees
- Recruit new team members
- Manage the process of change management organizationally
- Develop opportunities for the team to connect and re-establish core competencies in organizational culture
- Create and implement a consistent performance planning and review process that is consistent across all functional areas of the organization
- In collaboration with the CEO and other leaders, establish a vision for VolunteerMatch’s culture and employee standards
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Eight to twelve years of demonstrated experience leading and managing teams and working directly in employee engagement, culture-building, team development and setting standards for positive accountability in a team environment.
- Skilled in technology, problem solving, creativity, planning and project management
- An open and learning-oriented attitude
- Passionate team-player with a desire to focus their talents towards promoting social responsibility
- Familiarity with corporate social responsibility and volunteer engagement is a plus