The Product Manager will report to the Vice President, Product helping to fulfill the mission at VolunteerMatch, a universal platform strengthening the ethos and impact of volunteering at massive scale. This role works closely with all members of the extended Product, Engineering, and Solutions teams.
The goals of the Manager, Product and Support Services are:
- Understand customer and business requirements
- Partner with business team and lead one or several key products/project, provide product and strategic directions
- Work with Engineering team to deliver the solutions as planned
- Be an expert on VolunteerMatch products and services.
- Serve as an API expert and maintain Best Practices documentation.
- Collecting customer and business requirements and create Product Roadmap to guide Engineering to deliver solutions to the customer as committed
- Lead company innovation and better serve the volunteers in the world
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience determining customer needs and providing solutions.
- Previous Product Manager experience, especially with API as product experience.
- Skilled in technology, problem solving, creativity, planning and project management.
- Previous technical background as a developer or QA is a plus
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Passionate team-player who can contribute talents towards promoting social responsibility.
- Familiarity with corporate social responsibility and volunteer engagement is a plus.
- Interested in emerging technologies, bringing a learning orientation.
- Data gathering and analysis experience.